FPS performance

Hi Developers,

If flying in VR (reverb g2, 3080, 5900x) out of the 6 aircraft I fly in MSFS, the 47g is still the one that has the lowest FPS. The other freeware helicopters, the 747 800 and 737 all maintain about 25 fps or more and my reprojection is perfectly smooth, but the 47g cant maintain it and still has a lot of random stutters even after your performance update.

Your addon is the one I prefer to use, and hope it can be improved :slight_smile:

My graphics settings are constant for all aircraft. Any suggestions?

1 Like

True, dogmanbird, I’ve been observing the same. The R44 and even the UH-60 performs much smoother than the 47. The latest update surely showed a better performance, but still less smooth than the competition. Maybe it has to do with the simulation engine, the AirlandFS? Will you guys take a look on that?

I’ll get Dan to look into any more performance gains we can add, @alceubap what FPS performance between models are you getting ?

Tony

1 Like

Hi, Tony!
Thanks for replying.
I have no consistent proof of my feeling, as I´m not checking the numbers, I just notice that the experience is very clearly different. I tried several diferent times, but a clear test is to fly around Orlando International with the three aircrafts, same time of the day, same clear weather, no clouds. R44 is kind of weird in the last version, but still flyes smoother than the 47. UH-60 is definitely much smoother. And I couldn’t notice any inferior realism or quality in simulation. Maybe it´s the model polygon count an issue? I think it´s worth a closer look. It´s worth to mention that I fly with a RTX 2060 super, not a top-notch setup.

Yes the 44 is definitely light on polys compared to ours

Out of interest what cpu you running with the 2060 ?

Tony

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t see the reply until now. I’m usinga an i7 10700

Ours is definitely more high fidelity than the 2 freeware projects mate, that poor cpu is being throttled by that 2060, by no means a poor card but not as up there for higher demanding games, hope you get what I mean ?

Tony