Bell 206 Multiplayer problem

Hello, everyone

Quick question: when I fly the Bell 206 in multiplayer, the other players who do not own the Flyinside product see me as a floating plane instead of helicopter. Is this possibly due to the fact that aircraft.cfg is used as a type airplane?

Is it possible to improve this as a 3 party developer or is the problem on the part of Microsoft/Asobo?

Qse,
If you do not own the aircraft, MSFS cannot display it!. However, we give you the ability to download our aircraft from our website, have your friends install it. They will not be able to fly it, however they will see you and your livery correctly.

RotorRick

2 Likes

I fly multiplayer all the time and since day one of MSFS this aircraft matching has been a bone of contention.
I sometimes makes no difference whether you have the same a/c AND the same livery you will stil get the idiocy of seeing a Bonanza lookalike. In fact it is sometimes a cause for excitement/amazement/disbelief if you DO see the same plane. You must learn to live with it. I sincerely believe there’s nothing a developer can do.
EDIT: Just saw Rick’s post. I didn’t realise you could download the 206 as a proxy. Does that work for the B-47 as well?
Must tell my fixed-wing friends :+1:

1 Like

Ron,
Sure does. :slight_smile:

RotorRick

Thank you for your reply. Good to know that there is this possibility.

Of course, it would be easier if a standard helicopter (e.g. Bell 407) were simply displayed if you don’t own the helicopter…

1 Like

Asobo seem to think a 767 is an acceptable substitute for a twin engined C310 or P-38 Lockheed Lightning.so getting helicopters even halfway right is a bit of a stretch. .:wink:

But it IS possible :slight_smile:

Tony

2 Likes

What was the situation there? Was everyone in 206s? I was thinking along the lines of someone using an aircraft you don’t have. In which case MSFS wouldn’t substitute their heli for something you DO have. It would probably use a Bonanza lookalike.
As it happens, I was a Princess Julianna this evening and someone came over to me in a Bonanza and hovered, did pedal pirouettes etc. Obviously in a chopper I don’t own. Still, it could have been a 747! :grin:

1 Like