Bell 47 xbox settings

Downloaded this and i cant hover it. Its far too unstable. Followed your recommendations. Its has 8% aft trim??
Its impossible with my set up to hover.
So its been uninstalled.
Will there be an update.
In the xbox settings it comes up as a Veloco-copter???
Such a shame as it looks snd sounds great.
Pity i cant get a refund.

OK… I will try and help you. First, you didn’t mention what your hardware is. Joysticks, which xbox? And what are your settings??? Helicopters are hatrder to fly than airplanes. It takes practice to balance the forces and smoothly hover. But so rewarding when you finally “get it.”

The Bell 47 is constantly being updated so stay tuned for more features and options in the future. The velocopter listing for assists is a MS limitation. Since we dont use their built in Flight Model the default for them comes up volocopter. Has NO effect on the helicopter.

Keep at it, you’ll be able to hover and fly in no time!

RotorRick

Hi, i can fly every helicopter on the xbox.without any assist with ease. The bell 47 just wont stay in one place it immediately flies backwards due to the trim
Settings… if they where adjustable through my set up. It would be easier to fly.

You still havent told me what your setup is. The 47 is NOT like other helicopters in the sim. It is as realistic as it can be bypassing Asobos built in flight dynamics modeling. The Bell 47 does not have trim in real life. It requires the pilot to compensate for everything manually. That being said, you can use the airplane trim bindings to add “trim.” Perhaps that will help?

Do you have any real world helicopter flight experience?

I also suggest you join our Discord server as there are lots of folks there that can assist. Often in real time!

RotorRick

My set up is xbox series S cobalt. With HOTAS 1 FLIGHT STICK WITH RUDDER PEDALS. AND WIRELESS KEYBOARD AND MOUSE.
APOLOGIES.
JASE

Will there be an update for the xbox Bell 47 ?? To sort the trim settings. I havent flown it since my first flight.
It still does not appear in the market place under helicopters???

Army,
The 47 Never had any force trim. However, you can easily bind to the MSFS Cyclic Lateral/Longitudinal Force Trim controls and have trim working.

We’ll update the manual to reflect this as it’s in the 206 manual but not the 47 manual!

RotorRick

I have tried to bind the trim axis on my hotas with no affect. Is it rotor longitudinal and lateral axis??

Nope. It’s the aileron and elevator axis. It’s a limitation due to MSFS/Asobo’s FM.

RotorRick