CTD when the Bell 47 is the first aircraft after starting the Sim

Always after starting the Sim, and the bell 47 is the first aircraft when selecting a flight, the Sim chrashes to Desktop during loading, or short after it has loaded. It doesn’t matter if the Helimanager is started before selecting a flight, or after loading the flight, It CTD. If I select a normal working aircraft first, I have no problems. Then I can select the bell on the World Map and can load it and fly without CTD.

Thanks for the info, and apologies that you’re hitting crashes. Are you running any other add-ons/services that could be contributing?

Right now this is the only report of this, so there may be some factor we need to figure out that causes this.

It only happens when loading the Bell 47, any other aircraft is no problem.

I just had a CTD now too, and I pretty much never have had issues with that appart from when I messed with my motherboard BIOS settings too much. So that was interesting. It crashed after I had crashed the heli and reloaded on to the runway. First time so far I have a CTD after maybe 4 hours with this an many hours with other planes over this weekend.

10 minutes ago, I was flying around with it, than I clicked on the helimanager to move the window and it happens again CTD

Would you be able to check out and let us have sight of the associated Error log(s) from the Windows Event Viewer, that should be at the time that you had the CTD?

If you’ve done that before then you can skip the next three sentences.

If not, just type “event” into the windows search box, click on Event Viewer, to get it started.

Once in there, select Windows Logs and then Application and you should get a list of events in the Application panel.

All of the entries are time stamped, so move to around the time of the failure and look for one that is labelled as an Error.

Once you have found the error row(s) double click and copy/paste the contents of both tabs into a text file. (There should be a Copy button at the bottom of each tab).
Attach that text file to your reply and that’ll at least provide us with some info as to what might be causing the CTD.

The error logs aren’t always that useful, but taking a look couldn’t hurt. I’m guessing it’ll probably be MSFS that is crashing with exception code 5, which would indicate an access/permissions type issue, but let’s see what it says.

I checked event viewer and it complained about page file running low for some reason.
I dubbled its size. I have it set to a fixed size. Its now 16 gb.

My system specs are:

3600X
32 Gb ram 2666 @3200 Mhz (OC)
2060 Super 8 Gb
Windows 10 Home

I’m one of those lucky people who generally never have a CTD, when I do its been of my own making ever since I upgraded to 32 gb of ram. For example, due to stupid overclocking attempts or messing with BIOS for my Ryzen in ways it did not like, but if I dont do that the sim is stupid stable for me.

1 out of RAM crash in January pre upgrading and thats it, the rest I had I know exactly what caused it, it was my overclocking mostly and then one time someone running a sound mod on a plane I also owned that caused anyone that did not have said mod to CTD at a certain distance. I tested this my self and it turned out to be as I suspected.

So beware people, people installing bad mods can affect you as well even if you dont have it.

2 Likes

Great post mate !!! Even i might have to pay attention LOL

Tony

I honestly dont think the helicopter had any part in this CTD, but the page file warning is interesting. Its extra odd since I was in a fairly low impact area… sure, its one of the new updated areas but not much around.

I put things like this down to…secret PC burps :wink:

Yeah honestly, I do that as well often. A PC and its systems are almost like living beings, and sometimes they just decide to throw a fit for no real apparent reason.

1 Like

Me again, I observed a lot of traffic on the Server yesterday, which may effect my System to several CTD the last two day’s. I think now it does have nothing to do with my first thoughts about the Helimanager.

Any chance to retest to possibly confirm for us ??

We want to make sure.

Tony

I will let you know, if something happens again. Today I had no problems with it.

I believe I’m experiencing a similar CTD to the others. This is what happened:

1. After installation, I updated the Heli Manager to the latest version.
  2. I started MSFS and setup the controls for my 2 joysticks.
  3. I attempted to fly the helicopter, but soon crashed.
  4. I restarted the flight, but the Heli Manager refused to reconnect (says “retry”).
  5. I exit my flight and went to the main menu, and retried.
  6. CTD.
  7. Restarted MSFS, CTD as soon as the main menu starts to show up.
  8. Repeated a few times and still CTD.
  9. Went to the Community folder and moved the “flyinside-bell47” folder to a DISABLED folder. Restarted MSFS and no CTD. Exit.
  10. Restored the “flyinside-bell47” and restarted MSFS. CTD.
  11. Uninstalled Heli Manager, restarted MSFS and choose a different plane, exit.
  12. Reinstalled Heli Manager, restarted MSFS, and choose the Bell helicopter. After entering my flight plan in the world map, I clicked fly, and soon after, CTD.

I’ve 16GB of RAM, and have already set 16GB of page file (up to a maximum of 32GB). I’m not sure what else I can try. I can’t use the helicopter at all!

Please help.

What’s in your windows error log ? Can you find that for us please ? Dan is on US time but I will point him to your post ASAP.

Really sorry you having these problems.

Tony

Do you have any other addons in your Community folder?

If so, maybe temporarily move those into your “disabled folder”, leaving just the B47G.

The CTD maybe be being caused by a conflict between the B47G and one of your other addons, even a livery, so probably worth a try.

1 Like

Here’s one of the Windows event log (the latest one actually):
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6087d3ea
Faulting module name: m22b6ef20dfc52573_0.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x609f183e
Exception code: 0xc000001d
Fault offset: 0x000000000000121a
Faulting process ID: 0x394c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7494623de2c4f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.10.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\flyinside-bell47\m22b6ef20dfc52573_0.dll
Report ID: f3b7ccbf-a903-4d2d-98b1-51bb7d9de9b4
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.10.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Details:

0x80000000000000

Application
Proxima

-
FlightSimulator.exe
6087d3ea
m22b6ef20dfc52573_0.dll
609f183e
c000001d
000000000000121a
394c
01d7494623de2c4f
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.10.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\flyinside-bell47\m22b6ef20dfc52573_0.dll
f3b7ccbf-a903-4d2d-98b1-51bb7d9de9b4
Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.10.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
App

Hi Raoul, as above, nothing in the community folder with that error ? I’ll get Dan onto this soon.

Tony

I already did that: everything were in the DISABLED folder. The only thing in the Community folder was “flyinside-bell47”. (Actually not true: I still have the DISABLED folder. I’ll try to move that one out too…)