Dancing Queen on rooftops

Asobo made most roofs landable, great progress compared to FSX and P3D, but obviously they are not very stable. When I land on a flat roof, the Bell 47 becomes a Dancing Queen. I never noticed that, when I landed with a STOL-Plane on a roof. Vibrations in a Heli are realistic, but so strong? :confused:

Donā€™t try to land on the helipad of a cruise ship though.

They look so inviting, but the ships are apparently just a mirage. :wink:

If You want to land on ships, go to flightsim.to and look for ā€œAircraft Carrier Groupā€ , ā€œAnimated Light Vessel East Goodwinā€ and with superyachts: ā€œFrench Riviera Helipad Mega Packā€. They are landable.

2 Likes

Just found out about the landable roofs - we needed a helicopter to discover this. Iā€™m really pleased as itā€™s so frustrating in X-Plane having ghost buildings everywhere. One of my favourite things in AFS2 is hopping the R22 between skyscraper roofs in Manhattan for landing practice.
Thanks for the tip, I tried a few last night and some were stable and some caused that jittery effect you mention, not sure how to tell the difference but it will be fun finding out.

1 Like

Tokyo is helipad galore for roof top landings so much helipads there with default scenery :bulb:

• Japanā€™s capital has 80+ buildings where helicopters can land
  • Most sit idle, restricted by noise concerns and regulations
3 Likes

And no sink through ???

I landed on a lot of them without problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol great to know, will take a trip to try them out :wink:

Tony

1 Like

We have more than that here in Sao Paulo, Brazil. They are not in the Sim, yet, unfortunately.

ā€¦and i would imagine that thereā€™s nothing worse than a flattened chopper :wink:

2 Likes

Okivango Delta is made by SimWorks Studios not ORBX