Engine Problem Bell 47

Hello everyone, I have installed the latest version of Bell 47. When I am in the air for a few minutes, the mixture lever goes down by itself. It goes down. Starting the engine works, but the mixture lever immediately jumps down. Does anyone have any help ?
Greetings from Bavaria
Gerd

Hi Gerd and welcome aboard.

That sounds very much like you have a “ghost mapping” to one of the mixture commands.

I’d check through your assigned mappings for all of your controllers, by searching for say “mixture”. If there are any entries that you hadn’t expected to see, then remove them and try another flight.

Cheers

Paul

Thank you very much Paul, I am a complete beginner and have no idea where to find mappings or what this means. Where do I look, … in the settings of MSFS ( Update 5 version ).

Thanks for help
Gerd

Check that mixture isn’t assigned to any other controller Gerd.

Tony

Sorry Gerd and thanks Tony.

I’ve read my post again and it isn’t overly clear in English, let alone when translated into another language. :slight_smile:

If you have a control (switch, button or axis) on one of your controllers mapped to one of the mixture commands, without knowing about it, and you move that control, while in the cockpit, it could quite easily drop the mixture lever to the bottom.

Please let us know if you can’t find any suspicious mappings.

Paul

Hello Paul,
thank you very much for your reply.I translate with DeepL from German to English. I have checked all input devices, keyboard, pedals, and Thrustmaster Hotas X. It is with mixture no assignment. The flight goes well, when I initiate sink or slow down, the lever tilts down. I have tried to start the engine but it does not pick up throttle or the lever goes back down. Maybe it is because of the update ? Thank you and best regards
Gerd

Thank you Tony,

thank you very much for your reply.I translate with DeepL from German to English. I have checked all input devices, keyboard, pedals, and Thrustmaster Hotas X. It is with mixture no assignment. The flight goes well, when I initiate sink or slow down, the lever tilts down. I have tried to start the engine but it does not pick up throttle or the lever goes back down. Maybe it is because of the update ? Thank you and best regards
Gerd

Hi Gerd,

We’ve seen this issue before, and it has always been some sort of binding. I would also look for Magneto bindings, Engine Off bindings, that sort of thing. Different bindings that kill the engine can also cause the mixture lever to move.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan thank you for this tip. Unfortunately I have no idea where I can see or check this binding. In the control settings ? Maybe you can help me with a picture or the way to get there. I am a beginner and appreciate any help.

Viele Grüße Gerd

Hi Gerd,

In the screen that you posted a screenshot for earlier, make sure that the filter is set to show just the controls that you have mappings for.

Then, for the controller that you move when the mixture lever drops, check all of the bindings/mappings present, particularly any that relate to the operation of the engine(s). You will be looking for any bindings that you don’t knowingly use and that might be responsible for doing things like switching off the engine or the magneto switch, for example.

If you can’t see anything, please post another screenshot(s) of your current bindings.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

I apologize , but I’m afraid I can not understand the tip. In the assignments keyboard, the fields Power Management and Magnet are empty if I search correctly. On the assigned assignment Hotas X is except gas only surface control and lights.
Unfortunately my English is very poor and I have to work with translater.
Thanks for the patience
Gerd

hi Gerd,

There’s no need to apologise.

I have a HOTAS X myself and have just plugged it in, to replace my usual Warthog HOTAS, to see if i can reproduce your problem. Unfortunately, I’m afraid that I can’t get the Fuel Mixture lever to drop. I even tried moving the PC/PS3 switch, on the HOTAS X, to PS3 to see if that might cause it, but no luck.

I don’t suppose you have any strange mappings on your CH Pro pedals do you? MSFS can sometimes incorrectly “guess” mappings for controllers, when they are first plugged in.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,
it’s really nice that you try to help. I have also checked the pedals. Only brakes L / R and rudder are activated.
I also pay attention when flying inside throttle limit mainfold or similar. Now I have discovered something… If I pull the joystick all the way back ( climb ), a symbol appears in the outside view under the heli. Normally I never pull so high but now when testing this phenomenon. Maybe you have an idea.

Many greetings
Gerd

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

Hi Gerd,

Could you please just try something for me.

Go to the Assistance Options menu, which I guess might be Hilfe or Assistenzen in German, and turn off all assistance options.

I usually fly with only AI controlling communications and taxi routes on, with everything else off, but I’ve just tried Easy mode on ‘Aircraft Systems’ and ‘Piloting’ and among other odd behaviour, the Mixture lever dropped down to the bottom.

I don’t think the MSFS AI knows how to fly the Bell yet. :wink:

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,
sorry for the delay, on weekends Flysim is forbidden :slight_smile:
I have not activated any assistance ( new since update 5 ).
KI its offline
But as you can see on the screenshot I have discovered this phenomenon. The blue arrow appears when I pull the stick to the stop as described . of course you never do that when flying .

Viele Grüße Gerd

hello Paul,
I have installed an older version as a test. The same problem. In the clip from sec 15 on the engine displays left to see that the arrow of the engine power jumps without that I change anything on the thrust. The engine dies and it goes down.
I am at the end of my ideas.

Do you have another idea please
Many greetings
Gerd
unfortunately I can not load the clip ( small giv file )the upload aborts after 23 %. always says retry again try again

Hi Gerd,

I know that you said that you hadn’t set any of the assistance options and I’m sorry for being a pain, but did you still check those settings. The MSFS update process has been known to change certain settings, from what the user might have previously selected, to a new default, and i was only able to reproduce what you have described, with both the overrevving engine and the mixture lever dropping, by setting the assistance options on.

I don’t know exactly which option causes the behaviour in the Bell, so i will need to try to narrow it down.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,
I took your advice and checked the supports again. I still found the option “automatic mixture control”. After I deactivated this, the heli seems to work. Unattractive are only the oversized designation of the switches when you go with the mouse on it. I know you can turn this off I think, but then I miss the meaning again :slight_smile:

Many thanks and many greetings from Bavaria
Gerd

1 Like