Found the M*A*S*H filming site!

Blender has a fairly steep learning curve but if i can do it so can you lol…seriously though, if you need any help on that side I’ll do my best to assist you :slight_smile:

Tony

2 Likes

Cheers for the offer, no doubt I will be in touch😁 Actually enjoy using it in a masochistic way and been working on a small Italian airport on and off for a while.

My biggest nemesis at the moment is getting my head around texturing and UV maps so if you know of any idiot proof tutorials I can dig into fire away👍

Try this one for starters mate =

1 Like

Latest WIP of the MASH livery.

Tony

8 Likes

Hi There. Great idea.

Can you post the link to this scenery request on Flightsim.to?
I put up a request for Donauwörth EDPR and in no time Guido did this.
I’d certainly like to be flying from this iconic location with better scenery.
Hovering is one thing, doing missions keep us going.

1 Like

Found the MAS*H filming site! - General Forum - FlyInside Helicopters Forum (flyinside-helis.com)

Thanks, I saw that link but though (incorrectly) it was to the MS Flight Simulatro wishlist. My bad.
Added my vote, it will be fun to fly in and out whilst listening to Johnny Mandel and The Manic Street Preachers

Getting the livery together and tweaking things a bit…more to do :slight_smile:

Tony

7 Likes

Holy flying cows! That looks awesome! Stetchers and everything, thats sick! :smiley:

Maybe there is hope for some cargo space things too for career flying :smiley:

Still working away at it , trying to get the surgery building done first as tents are… challenging :grimacing: . Once I can figure out getting the tents looking good then that will speed things right up as a lot of them on the set were the same type.

Thank god there’s a rock generator in Blender though :upside_down_face:

Actually enjoying this staff and yes Tony , the learning curve is a tad vertical isn’t it but already learnt a load of stuff :+1:

6 Likes

It looks like you are making great progress Chris.

That all looks great and i am particularly pleased that you have got the signpost looking authentic.

Paul

Cheers Paul,

It’s been a great little project so far just trying to gather the info , trawling through episodes of the show and looking at photos. The sign’s not quite done yet as still a couple left to add on (seems they changed through the show) and each one’s different which is great. There’s a lot of set dressing (stretchers propped up against the wall etc so loads to do. Got some honking big hurdles to get over but having a blast so far. Time for some B47 flying time now :+1:

Regards

Chris

PS Havn’t forgotten about Hot Lips either :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Good to hear. There is going to be a shower tent i take it? :stuck_out_tongue:

LMAO…yep, it’s to the left of the surgery building just out of the image above :nerd_face:

Lot of people interested in this.

2 Likes

Bit of progress with the TV Series set and kinda happy with the building placement so far. Figured it might be a good idea to start doing some of the vehicles too so started on the Jeep.

9 Likes

Wow Chris, that’s really coming on and your attention to detail is most impressive.

I’ll be dropping by to pick up “Hot Lips”, for a date, in no time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Woah, that looks sweet, I wanna do stuff like this too but as I’ve said for 411 years now, too lazy to learn this stuff… xD

Looking fantastic Chris! I got my eye on this, keep up the good work.

Cheers for the comments :+1:, been figuring out the wonders of the MSFS SDK this weekend. Managed to get a model imported into the sim (sans textures) without the SDK throwing it’s toys out of the pram so that’s a start there, plus been doing some terraforming at the site , added the 2 helipads and some ground textures for the base. Going to spend the next week ( or however long it takes) getting my head around textures and UV mapping.

Just a couple of shots in sim:

1 Like