Found the M*A*S*H filming site!

2 Likes

I wonder if a talented scenery creator could rebuild the camp?? :wink:

Vous pouvez faire une demande sur le site flihtsim.to trĆØs bon site avec des personne qui Assur

Merci. je pourrais juste jeter un oeil Ơ Ƨa

Thank you. i might just take a look at that

Can you please share the coordinates of the location, so that i can see if anyone at flightsim.to might be able to create it?

In the meantime, iā€™ll see if i can find any images that might help.

This isnā€™t a bad start. The Camp - MASH4077TV.com

I wonder if there might be some legal/copyright type issues though, with the company that made MASH?

Edit: Do these coordinates look familiar? Latitude: 34Ā° 5ā€™47.64ā€³N, Longitude: 118Ā°44ā€™40.76ā€³W

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=34.098435323594245%2C-118.74229133743651&spn=0.02516%2C0.057592&t=h&z=15&mid=1GBwaTWT7gEhG449PlxhKoG3Cz6w

its easy to find visually once you spot malibu lake, which looks like a hammer. follow the hammerhead down the creek a bit

Thatā€™s awesome thanks.

The only two issues now will be finding someone with the skills and motivation to do it and making sure that nobody is going to get sued for copyright infringement :stuck_out_tongue:

You do know that MASH the TV series doesnā€™t have copywrite to MASH ? Itā€™s an Army thing and fair game :slight_smile:

Iā€™d be up for doing a proper MASH heli repaint !!!

Tony

2 Likes

nice. iā€™ll put the request up then and see whether we have any helo pilots who can design scenery.

A Reproduction of the set used for the MASH TV series Ā» Requested | Microsoft Flight Simulator

Itā€™d be great if peeps could register their votes against this one, as itā€™d be great to reproduce some of that lifesaving action.

Oh and we might get to see ā€œhot lipsā€ again. :wink:

1 Like

voted!

padding for minimum 20 charactersā€¦

1 Like

now we have 3 votes :slight_smile:

never mind, iā€™m pushing it in appropriate channels wherever i can

Jai Fais une demande sur flihtsim.to pour un livrƩe du Bell 47 avoir si quelqu 'un est en mesure de le faire

Nous aurons le kit de peinture bientƓt disponible. Merci

MASH paint is in the works :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The MASH location request, for someone on flightsim.to to reproduce it, now has 14 votes and another request for the same location has also been started.

Iā€™ve voted for that one too, as it might attract someone to volunteer to build it.

If you have yet to vote, please do so, via the link i posted earlier in the thread.

1 Like

Found it

2 Likes

Iā€™ve started doing some basic mapping of where the buildings were actually situated on the Malibu Lake set. Certainly a bit of terraforming will be needed in sim to get the helipad up the hill flattened out etc. Havnā€™t got much further that positioning basic shape holders for the tents, Surgery building etc in Blender so far; major issue with flying the actual helicopter getting in the wayšŸ˜‰

1 Like

ā€¦and how are you getting on with the ā€œHot Lipsā€ model?

Seriously though, itā€™d be great if we could get this done. :slight_smile:

Bagsy Iā€™m Radar !!! Heā€™s my fav

Well like I said Iā€™ve just started by doing the basic mapping (as best I can) of the filming location and where the tents and buildings were as a point of reference. Still need to put in the location for Rosieā€™s Bar and some other smaller buildings. The areaā€™s changed a bit since filming finished but used some maps, watching some episodes and videos inc. footage of people visiting the location as a best guess. Next thing will be to start a project see how it looks in sim with Dev Mode and what changes to the terrain need to be made. A lot of the tents are the same ones so thatā€™s a bit of a bonus

Probably one of those projects where the enthusiasm is slightly ahead of the curve than the Blender skills but up for the challenge :grimacing:

Layout

3 Likes