How about a Yaw String?

As the title suggest. I know we already have a slip indicator but the yaw string looks cool if nothing else :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just read your message about the slip indicator, because when I was flying the last two days, I didnā€™t recognized the turn and slip indicator, and mentiond this in a FB group. Now I checked my Screenshots from the cockpit because I am still at work, and Bingo, I found it below the speed indicator. Must been blind due to concentrate to handle this beast.:rofl: Happy to read this. Will check it out later on.

1 Like

On the ballšŸ˜‡

1 Like

Not on the ballšŸ¤„

2 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s not the easiest thing to spot. I miss my yaw string lol Probably be redundant to have a yaw string and slip indicator, but I think would look cool :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A yaw string is not redundant if you have a turn and slip. The turn and slip does not provide information as to the relative airflow over the aircraft; the yaw string provides that information instantly.

A late friend of mine used to fly the Harrier jump jet; he said the yaw string on it was one of the most vital ā€œinstrumentsā€ on the aircraft.

Can we have a yaw string, please? And yes I know itā€™s going to be all over the place in a hoverā€¦ but in forward flight itā€™s so damn useful.

3 Likes

Plus 1 for a yaw string :+1:

3 Likes

Can we have a yaw string, please? but make it so you can switch it off.

2 Likes

Hi wonky :slight_smile: Did you read our roadmap ?? = FlyInside Bell 47G Road Map - Google Sheets

Line 41 mate.

Tony

2 Likes

Yes! I learnt to fly in a R22, I miss the strings so much! Please take my vote.

Update: :disappointed_relieved: Well, I just read it will not be implemented. So sadā€¦