How I long for a stable Bell 47

Well you know, you can use the freeware AirlandFS to fly the 47 instead of the provided flight modeling. You can use existing profiles like the R44 profiles, or create your own so it doesn’t fly like a 44!

1 Like

I did not know this!

AirlandFS intercepts the joystick inputs, does its flight modeling based on the profile loaded, then reports the aircraft behavior to the sim, doesn’t require any mod of the aircraft, doesn’t matter what aircraft is loaded, it’s all controlled by the profile. What’s funny is if you leave AirlandFS running and try to fly a fixed wing, it will take off vertically! I have flown the 47 using the R44 alpha 3 (very stable), and the beta 1 blue (more lively) profiles. I kept the 47 heli manager governor on, governor off in Airland, and messages off in Airland as the 47 rotor rpm is “wrong” to the R44 profile. For fun I plan to gather all the real world 47 numbers and create an actual 47 profile, but it looks like in addition to the proper numbers, some tweaking and tuning has to be done, which of course will be subjective.