Massive stutters when close to another Bell 47G

As the title states… When flying with multiplayer on as soon as i get within approx 100m of another Bell 47 frametimes go crazy and it turns into a stuttering mess. Look away and it’s smooth as butter again. Obviously this makes close formation flying with fellow Bell47 pilots impossible.

Any idea what’s going on?

Most likely the two Bell 47s at once are pushing your graphics card over the edge. Which GPU are you running, and do you have your graphics settings turned up pretty high? Finally, is this in VR or on desktop?

Nothing to do with my GPU. It was at 70% usage and had 2 gigs of vram free at the time.

I haven’t flown it for a few months, but i used to fly with a group of 3 of us in Bells with no issue at all so it’s got nothing to do with my system.

It might be a long shot, but long ago, back in the alpha phase of MSFS, certain liveries on nearby multiplayer aircraft or on the pilots own aircraft, did cause the sort of stuttering you describe.

It might be worth asking your flight buddies to switch to a default livery, to at least remove this as a possibility. If switching liveries does appear to solve the issue, i’ll see if i can find the original thread(s) that covered it and whether there might have been a solution/workaround for the affected livery(ies)

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, yes this occurred to me last night actually. I was going to mention it but you beat me to it!

It is exactly the same symptoms as last years livery issue. (for those who aren’t aware, users that flew with non default liveries in close proximity to others in the same aircraft caused the massive stuttering issues)

Unfortunately i no longer fly with those guys and have no one to test this theory out with so I would appreciate it the devs could test this out.

As far as i recall there wasn’t a workaround… Asobo had to fix it. If there is a workaround i’d love to know!

Thanks Stu,

We’ll see if we can reproduce the issue and get to the bottom of what’s causing it.

Cheers

Paul

if all use the livery it work,i think…

Was just cruising around Hong Kong in the R44, saw a Bell47 so flew over to say hello :slight_smile: same issue! As soon as we get close it’s a stutter fest. (as before, vram and gpu usage both have loads of headroom) I cant reproduce this with any other heli or plane, it only occurs when getting close to a B47.

As no one else seems to be reporting this i assume it’s something on my end but i can’t for the life of me work it out.

Unless you have some odd mods or bad liveries, sadly, it could be anything, could be people around you running bad mods or old stuff, its very hard to know. One thing I’d suggest is fly solo and see if you have a similar experience.

I know people having done sound mods that has caused CTD’s for people because it modified existing aircraft without separating it in to its own model, so when someone get close to that aircraft if that person happens to own that same aircraft and do not have the mod it will cause a CTD.

People refuse to see this, or care about it sadly. I’ve had first hand experience with this but none wanna talk about it.

There are people out there that like a plane in one specific way and then when its updated and changed they refuse to update, its a disaster, or could potentially be. And I fear it will just get worse… Most people dont get how it works with mods, anyone who has modded games even not as a developer but just using them know that you can very very very easily break a game, MSFS is no exception.