MSFS End of Flight

Is it possible to change the MSFS end of flight for the Bell 47? Right now, it always ends the moment the skids hit the tarmac. Can it be changed to something such as turning off the battery, after shutting down?

1 Like

Currently we can find no rhyme or reason to it, but we’re looking into it. As soon as we figure something out we’ll have a fix to this published.

4 Likes

Came here to ask this as well. I double checked my logs and the crash/failed landing counter is not increasing so that’s good. Also the dialog allows us to continue right away.

okay good, I came here to ask the exactly same thing. I like doing cold and Dark start ups and shutdowns. At first I thought I crashed until I noticed it was doing it on every landing. lol.

Just thought I would pitch in and say, this is highly annoying as well. Example air taxing or hover taxing then stop short of runway before taking off … end of flight log book lol.

I thought this was outside of you’re guys hands because of Asobo’s very odd decision to add this intrusive logbook feature.

So if you guys have the power to get rid of this to some extent, pretty… pretty…please… :grin:

We are trying :wink:

Tony

1 Like

Thanks guys! Liking the new update.

1 Like

I noticed in the new version shutting off the magnetos triggers end-of-flight, but shouldn’t it wait for the battery switches to be off too?

Every Time i did a stop and switch Engine off,my flightplan is lost now,
is it possible to switch this end off Flight off?
for a new Flightplan i must enter the Menü,how stupid is this?
i do not understand why Asobo do it this way :astonished:
i have no need for this :unamused:
is there a way to stop this?

Thank´s

If it helps, I did not have the MSFS EOFlt problem before this latest update. Previously, I had //Bell47Gv2.exe installed but not 1.30. I went directly to 1.31 and the problem began. Possibly MSFS SU4 at fault, but it is annoying. Also if it helps, the Hype H135 does not end flight on touchdown. BTW, soft landings so it is not a crash situation. Good luck on finding it, soon I hope.

Interesting mate ? We solved this one, are you saying you get the EOF popping up when landing anywhere ?

Tony

Can i ask you to test something for us ? Revert back to the version you had then install 1.30 then 1.31 if you have time, would be much appreciated to rule this out ?

Tony

WILCO Tony I still have the v2 in file structure.

Al

Tony…Went back to MY original download on 6/15/21 (version 1.23 - by date in download files) and all is well on that version. It is late. I will test from that point to current tomorrow and let you know the findings as soon as I know. One point of interest…When I ‘threw’ //Bell47Gv2.exe in (after removing current file set from Community folder) I was still getting the EOF problem. I then deleted all the files from my system and rebooted. Loaded v1.23 and tested GOOD. I will do the same with each version so as not to muddy the water…I have over 45 years in computer hardware/software/tech support and service management time under my belt so troubleshooting is nothing new here. Good night for now…23:18 CDST…Chicago

1 Like

Thanks mate, really appreciate you checking for us, you near to Plainfield IL ? Got family out there :slight_smile:

Tony

First…Plainfield is about 25 miles south of me.

Now the Bad news/Good news…Bad news, I can no longer get the EOF failure. Good news is that I think I know why…I did my testing as indicated earlier, one version at a time, cleaning out the Community folder and completely deleting the Heli Manager folder each time. All versions passed without a single failure. Then, I again cleaned house and loaded ‘FlyinsideBell47Gv2.exe’ which I will refer to as v2 for short…After loading I departed a helipad, air taxied a short distance to the active, touched down on the runway, then flew to a grass field off airport property for a boondock landing, made a circuit of the airport and landed on the pad and instantly got the End Of Flight error. Mind you, this was a fresh load of v2 with all traces of previous versions deleted. A second flight resulted in the same findings. After that, I exited MSFS, rebooted (warm boot) and tried again for three separate circuits with grass field landings as well. NO FAILURES. The fourth attempt, against my better judgement, I smacked it on the runway fairly hard, no failure. Time to get brave…I loaded v1.31 on top of the already installed v2 (without cleaning house what-so-ever) I did NOT even delete the v2 from the Community folder, simply wrote v1.31 over it. NO FAILURE…Now the good news…I think, if the extra files in the v2 file set are needed, they might be added to the v1.31 file set, then have everyone ‘clean house’ prior to installation…By cleaning house, this is what I did…1) Before starting MSFS, go to Task Manager and insure that Flyinside Heli Manager is NOT running. It could be, because of the option to have it run in background (like mine). If it is running, do an End Task on it. 2) Then, I went to the Start Menu/Control Panel/Programs and Features and delete the entry for Flyinside Heli Manager…I then went to File Explorer/Program Files and verified that Flyinside Heli Manager folder no longer existed. 3) Then loaded in the new version…Question for you would be, are the extra files in v2 still required? They are not in the v1.31 file set…The Paint Kit is in v2, as is an Icon folder, SimConnect.dll, your font files and uninstall files. My thought would be to build them into a single package like v2. Not sure if your Uninstall files are working perfectly, but going to presume they are…Bottom line is doing the house cleaning, a warm reboot and reinstallation cured mine at least for now. I have even loaded the Hype h135, flew a very short circuit, reloaded the Bell 47G and tested for EOF failure again and it was perfect, for me. Let me know if there is any further testing or anyway you want me to shake this thing…willing to help…Al

Thank you very much Al that’s a comprehensive test and eval for us and is much appreciated. I’ll pass your findings onto Dan and get his expert opinion for us and report back as soon as.

Ps small world lol

Tony

Tony, the one reason I question the uninstall files is that my custom settings in the Heli Manager never went back to a ‘pure’ default, they remained wherever I set them. To me, that sounds like they are in the registry and not being addressed by ANY house cleaning, warm boots and uninstall files included. I’ll keep flying her of course and if I can cause it to happen again, repeatedly as it was before, we can dig into it again.

PS…very small world

Al

1 Like

For general info…One day later and about 25 landings after the ‘clean house’ above, I have yet to see another End Of Flight problem.

1 Like