MY FLIGHT EXPERIENCE WITH BELL 47G2-A1

I don’t have one of the fancy extensions that Tony has, mostly because the wheelstand pro that i have it mounted to, wouldn’t be able to get the base of the joystick close enough to the floor.

However, the basic 20cm straight tubular one is fine and puts the grip of the joystick right where it should be

Which TM HOTAS are you using? Are you using a Warthog or the T.16000M FCS HOTAS?
This makes a big difference in setup.

the T.16000M stick has great resolution, but there aren’t any modifications available for extension or spring removal, and any you would make anyway would void the warranty.

I used to use a (2) T.16000M setup heavily modified for SC and all of my sims. Both had springs removed, some 3D printed addons and strategic plastic removal.

Try bumping up the helicopter stability. All of the settings sliders are intended to allow different users to get the best experience with the control setup that they already have. None of the setting changes mean that there is less realism.

1 Like

If I use a VR viewer to fly, PIMAX 8K +

I commented that the best thing is to only have some sensitivity bars to adjust to our controls and only one flight mode for example REAL mode and eliminate the remaining two, the pc joysticks with different brands have different sensitivities, I also understand the developer that wants to have established values as a guideline for the pilots.
I base myself on the actual flight of the Bell, to adjust my controls , to similar flight.

5 Likes

That’s beautiful to watch, like a dragonfly out to play

2 Likes

That’s a really interesting video, for sure.
Most of that footage has the modified, stabilizer bar-less rotor head, but some of it has the standard rotor head.

Must be an airshow performance pilot who moonlights crop dusting :wink:

The Bell 47 G2-A1 can do those drifts and turns.
I’m enjoying it a lot and more with the feelings I have with my platform and the bodyshakers.

I must have 30 hour on this Bell 47, I can do that in my sleep! :wink:

Seriously tho, I’m really getting comfortable now, sometimes I even land where I intended to land and do it softly. I just managed that now, feels so good! :smiley:

I did 400+ nm in the last 2 days flying around Tazmania.

3 Likes

Day 8.

Another 8 or 9 hours of Bell 47 flying today… more Tasmania!

I just spent 1 hour doing a demo flight for a guy.
And I was told today that the Bell 47 now is available in OnAir, the fuel amount in there is incorrect or will be soon but hopefully that will be able to be corrected. Useful load was set to about 1050 lbs, not sure how accurate that is but seem pretty realistic from what I have heard. Someone said about 1200 lbs for the turbo version so seems reasonable. This someone was someone who flies them.

I’m crazy hyped for the coming updates!

As I know Tony or Dan will read this:

I really hope you consider putting a Garmin in this thing and not just a ipad clone, they are gonna get more updates and you can use whats available in the sim, it will be more realistic, and look better in the sim. Not sure how you’d have it mounted. But I’m sure you can find a way. Just one of the small ones, nothing crazy. Its supposed to be a simple “cheap” workhorse, right?!

I’ll probably be happy with anything but I just feel like its the easiest way to put in a realistic nav system in it and it would look good! :slight_smile:

bed time!

1 Like

I think he was showing off a bit for the kids and camera. Looked like a lot of fun.