seconds the motor seems to shut off or slow way
down and the heli crashes…after the engines slows, it
will not respond to throttle increases…using MSFS
fully up to date on a gaming computer…this is my
first instance of this behavior…

Any help appreciated…

Thanks, John H.

I have solved my problem…while flying, noticed that
I had enabled “Engine Failures” in the Manager…
diabling the “Engine Failures” seems to have solved the
problem…why was this a problem?..the failures would
occur in normal, routine flight at speeds less than 70 mph?..
the mixture lever would suddenly drop all the way down, the
engine would slow/shut down, and the heli would crash…

Thanks, John H.

1 Like

Sounds very much like high manifold pressure. Too much collective? Or maybe I shouldn’t assume you make the same mistakes I have done so many times. Enabling engine failures (off-putting at first) trains you to keep glancing at the instruments; an essential skill in helicopter flying (not that I have done it for real).

1 Like

Ensure one keeps the dials out of the “red”

Pushing the engine too hard results in an engine stop. If one is high enough, one can sometimes restart it but not often.

You often have to “coax” the aircraft height wise and in general pre-empt what the aircraft needs you to do before you get in to the situation.

Ie fllying up the sides of Ayers Rock (my apologese, Ive forgotten the correct name for it (eroola? uuula?) takes a bit of a “run up” and creative hovering and sideslipping compared to modern helis that can just up and over, but thats what I find “fun”.

Also, dont be scared of setting the flight model to what suits you rather than “super sexy macho expert”

I find a middle of the road setting emulates what I think a heli would fly to a trained pilot. Not too easy but not too hard either and compensates for lack of real world stimulus/interation)

moral? Be gentle.

2 Likes

Agreed, I have found flying around banff alberta, (5000ft) can be a real strain to get enough bite on the blades and keep from killing the engine on full realism.

2 Likes