New sounds uploaded

Here are the customs sounds I’ve been tinkering with for the FlyInside Bell-47 Helicopter.
See both video’s in this posting for sample’s of the sounds.

Download is available at the bottom of this post.

=============================

Please make sure you follow these directions below for the correct installation… Very Important!

1. Go to where your sim is installed, this is where you will see the “Community folder” and the “Official folder”.

2. Open the folder “Official”, then open “OneStore folder”, and then scroll down past all the folders until you see the folder named: “flyinside-bell47” open this folder, go to the folder and open, “SimObjects”, then open the folder: “Airplanes”, then open the folder: “bell 47”.

3. Make a backup of your “Sound” folder and put it somewhere where it will be safe. You will not be using this original folder that was already in there.

4. Open the custom sound *.zip file you downloaded and move the “Sound” folder over to where the original sound folder is. If you backed up the original and it ask you to over-write then that’s fine but only over-write the original sound folder AFTER you backed it up.

Here is my directory for example:
D:\MSFS2020\Official\OneStore\flyinside-bell47\SimObjects\Airplanes\bell 47\Sound

=============================

Video’s… Note: Video’s are still processing for 4K but you can hear the sounds now.

Interior:

Exterior:

=================================

DOWNLOAD:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wg686qa2veeh3u8/Bell_47_Custom_Sounds.zip/file

I hope you enjoy them, They aren’t perfect but i had limited resources to work with. All sounds are from actual real Bell 47’s I’ve collected through the years.

FlyInside!, if you can use these for further development or updates along the way then please feel free to knock yourselves out lol, This is a little token of my appreciation for your hard work on this beautiful model so with that in mind,… Thank You. :slight_smile:

Cheers!
~A~

6 Likes

Hi there 8055…i tried your sounds and could not get
them to be loud enough to hear…

John H.

So you do hear them just not very loud? It’s got to be something on your end with your sound settings.

Try this:
open your Control panel itself where you see all the icons and look for the one called “Sound” with a little speaker icon.

Open that and you should see at the top: “Playback” “Recording” “Sounds” “Communications”

At the same time below in the big window it will list the hardware your using and will show what speakers you have selected. Make sure these are selected on the speakers your using and not something else or if you use a headset make sure it’s selected as your main playback device whatever it is. Double click that icon in relation to your speakers and in the new window you’ll see tabs at the top and open the one that says: “Enhancements”

Make sure in the check boxes the only one selected is: “Loudness Equalization” all others should be empty.

This should increase your sounds for all window and game applications. You can check each one and hit the “Preview” tab below to hear what each one does and how it sounds before applying the settings.

Other then that I don’t know what else it could be because you should be hearing them like they are in the sample videos i posted.

~A~

Also make sure they are installed in the correct location.

Go to where your sim is installed, this is where you will see the “Community folder” and the “Official folder”.
Open the folder “Official”, then open “OneStore folder”, and then scroll down past all the folders until you see the folder named: “flyinside-bell47” open this folder, go to the folder and open, “SimObjects”, then open the folder: “Airplanes”, then open the folder: “bell 47” and they will need to be inside the “Sound” folder but make a backup of the Sound folder that’s already there… this is the original sound folder. Then copy the new sound folder in the main aircraft directory. So you can do this: ORG___Sound and then just drag the new sound folder in the “bell 47” directory.

All my folders and files I backup up have ORG___ in front of them telling me those are the original files and also the program will not read these files since they have been renamed.

1 Like

Nice Work. But engine high RPM sound is pretty louder than other sounds, like blade slap or headwind.

OK Thanks for the feedback… I’m currently going over the sounds and going to make an update. The blade slap sound file was barely audible when it was playing with the original sounds. I tried to increase the volume of it but that doesn’t do any good because it’s in the coding as to when it plays and how loud it plays. Hopefully FlyInside will turn it up a lot more so that you can hear it in banking turns and coming into land from forward flight.

So thanks again for the feedback and I’ll be retuning the sounds for the update.

Cheers!
~A~

Looking forward to this!

Update… Adjusted some sounds and need to make a couple more changes. I’ll be back in a few days to finish it up so please bare with me.

~A~

2 Likes