New user here. Total newb to Heli's. How do I learn to fly it properly?

I am using a Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS and have read the manual.

I can sometimes get it to hover, but often not even that far. And once it’s up, I can never land, so far, without crashing.

Is there a video or webpage that goes into step by step detail on how to fly this bird? I bought it because I am a ‘low and slow’ guy and I want to take in the scenery. The Bell 47G seems perfect for that if I can just figure out how to fly it.

Again though, I know nothing about flying helicopters. With other GA aircraft, Pipers and Cessna’s, I am pretty good.

If anyone can give me an idea of where to find detailed instructions I would very much be in your debt.

Mick, in Orange County, CA.

Hi Mick and welcome, to start with, have you read the manual :slight_smile: Try flying on easy mode to start and get used to hovering and so on. If you search youtube for the Flyinside B47 there is quite a few videos on there to get you started :slight_smile:

Tony

Hi Tony. In the very first first line of my post I said that I, “have read the manual.”

I will continue to search YouTube.

Damn, really sorry mate, kids running around and just answered and missed that, my bad.

Tony

I’ll have plenty of time tomorrow and would be happy to answer your question properly :wink:

Tony

No worries whatsoever. I appreciate you taking a run at it at all. - Thanks.

1 Like

I found this one very helpful:
https://www.hubschrauberflug.de/en/infos/technique

Jörg

This one is also very helpful mate = FS2020: Flyinside's Bell 47-G2 Helicopter Review - Perfect for Novice Chopper Pilots! - YouTube

Tony

There’s a LOT of great information there. Thank you.

Thank you all! That’s what I was looking for.

1 Like

also, treat the aircraft like a GA that has a very short take off and landing to get your bearings.

the more you simply fly from A to B the better you’ll understand the limits. don’t worry too much about landing or hovering at first.

don’t be afraid of easy mode either, that will give you more time to get used to your inputs in general.

(I don’t use the suggested setting on my hotas, rather I stick to my preferred all round settings)

I do find that it’s possibly(?) way to easy to get into a vortex ring state on landing but I now see that as a challenge.

I rarely fly any other airframe now. it’s ugly but fun.

1 Like

The trick that worked for me was actually using the sensitivity settings in-game.

(manual says set it at 0) Which i did the first time, now i reinstalled msfs2020 and forgot to set the setting… Suddenly i could hover, a few days later i set my sensitivy lower, another day or 2 and i’m on 0% and hovering.

Also try to taxi, it’s difficult and frustrating, figured it’s good practise :wink:

1 Like