Reinstalled Windows and can no longer fly MSFS FI Helos

Hello All and sorry it’s been so long.

As per the title, I reinstalled Windows 11 and cannot now fly either of the FI Helicopters.

I seem to have somehow lost the email with my product code, which is odd, as I don’t normally delete emails, but I am getting on a little, so dementia might actually be setting in. :frowning:

Will I need to "re-"purchase?

Did you purchase from the website or from Microsoft Marketplace?

If website, likely HeliManager is not running.

Your key code will be in the email you received at purchase.

You can always send an email to support@flyinside-fsx.com from the email you purchased from and request a re-key or your old key(s)

RotorRick

Hi Rick,

If you remember, I was on the Beta testing/support team, for the B47 and C206, so probably didn’t get my code(s) via the normal route. I have scoured my inbox, for around April 2021, and checked all of the messages, forum posts etc. from Dan and Tony, but cannot find anything that contains a product key(s). I’m fairly sure I don’t have an original email, but I am not sure I would have ever got one anyway. Dan might have got it to me in a manner that I’ve yet to find/remember.

I vaguely remember that Dan used a 3rd party online sales company, but can’t remember their name. However, as there are no emails in my inbox from around that time anyway, the name probably wouldn’t help anyway.

That Windows 11 update was actually a move from Windows 10, but either way, it would have stomped on my registry and reintroduced the need for me to enter the key.

Oh well.

Oh, by the way, you might want to remove any of my elevated permissions, if they haven’t been removed already.

It’s called Fastspring.com

RotorRick

What elevated permissions are you referring to?

RotorRick

I was a moderator. Like I said, it might already have been removed, but maybe worth a check.

Oh, I sent an email to support, so thanks for the link.

Paul

Hi Rick,

I did a search for fastspring.com in my inbox and it returned some emails from 2016/17, for when I was helping Dan with the FI XP Pro and/or the FlyInside Sim testing. However, there were no more recent emails, from around the beginning to the middle of 2021, which is when the testing on the B47 was being done.

Either way, I’ve sent in an email, so I guess I’ll either get a code or I won’t. :slight_smile:

Cheers

Paul

Hi Rick,

Just to let you know that I finally found my product codes, in a place that I should have been looking from the start. They still work, so all’s good.

I’ve also let Dan know by the way.

Sorry for being a pain.

Paul