Update software :(

software update seems really buggy to me. I git a pop up askig to update to latest version, then it got blocked by virus checker, I freed it up then it asked to be run by administrator. Did that. Then I got multiple fails when it tried to d/load and copy texture dds files. Its a right pain tbh.

cockpit inst basecolor files seem to be a sticking point

Now Im in MSFS with the Bell 47 on the runway but it wont fly as it says please run the heli manager. When I try to run it, it just says awaiting aircraft - i click try again, and nothing happens?

Hi mate, are your problems still persistent? Have you shut down 2020, start up heli manager, run 2020 and select B47 and somewhere to fly, does it still happen ? If yes I’ll point you to Dan and see if we can get you sorted later today.

Tony

Thanks it cleared itself up after rebooting windows. Last times I went into msfs I got no prompts or pop ups. The Heli manager runs ok when I’m in the Bell47 in sim.

1 Like

Phew thanks for letting us know :slight_smile: So all smooth ?

Tony

1 Like

:+1: thanks all good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all

I now have the same issue, where the Helicopter is loaded into MSFS, but cockpit states “Please run FlyInside Manager”, and the manager states “Awaiting Aircraft”.
But for me it hasn’t resolved itself by rebooting. “Try Again” doesn’t help. And yes I launch the manager before MSFS.

Help?

Hi Robert and welcome aboard.

Along with restarting/reloading windows/sim/aircraft, which you have apparently already tried, another potentially useful step might be to clear the MSFS cache, before restarting MSFS.

I must admit to guessing a little, as when I’ve experienced this, a restart of MSFS has got the job done.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks

No, the cache didn’t do it. What worked though was to uninstall the FlyInside Mod, and manually delete all folders I could find related to Fly Inside, followed by a reinstall and update.

One thing that did (in a sense) go wrong in the install is that the installer thought my MSFS was installed under Steam, which it’s not since it’s the XBox/Windows store version I’m running. I manually pointed the installer to where I have the Common folder. But this is maybe a clue to what’s wrong.

Screenshot 2022-01-24 135543

Thanks for that Robert.

It’s good to hear that you’re up and running and I’ll make sure Dan sees your post.

Cheers

Paul