Despite writing software for a living, I have no knowledge whatsoever of PC Gaming and Simulator - absolutely none, zero, squat. The only computer ‘game’ I have ever seen was Space Invaders in a pub in the late 1970s!
I have one interest, and one interest only, I want to fly a Bell 47. When I came across this website I thought I had struck gold, but where to begin?
I have a bunch of questions (apologies in advance). I am not sure this is even the correct place to ask them, but here goes!
For reference, here is the specification of my current desktop PC:
Windows 10 (Enterprise 64-BIT) - 16GB RAM - 1TB SSD
Intel i7-3770K @ 3.50GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 (DirectX 12)
- I understand that I need to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS), is there a specific version I need or should avoid?
- Would the simulator well run on my current PC, or would I benefit from a better specification?
- Will the simulator run on a PC and/or Xbox?
- Is there a benefit of an Xbox over a PC or vice versa?
- I have seen videos of people running simulation software with a virtual reality headset. Is this an option with this simulator? If so, are any particular headsets recommended?
- Are more realistic input devices available with cyclic, throttle, collective and foot pedals available? As before, if so, are any recommended?
In terms of budget, I could probably spend £1,500 ($2,000) - ignoring PC/Xbox costs. Is this realistic or am I delusional?
Thank you for your patience.