Welcome aboard @Lucidus76

1 Like

Pine Island, time for tea!

4 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

Got rid of my passenger

3 Likes

I am slowly figuting out the rather convoluted naming conventions of the texture files. (@ Flyinside: There are a few oddities we might like to discuss…)

Anyway - without a paintkit, this is where I am at so far:

XT 176 was a real life Sioux in the British Army. Unfortunately the records and my recollections are rather faded with the years, but this helicopter and livery combination could have been one of 657 Squadron AAC where I spent my very first posting out of training…

There is still some work to do, but it is getting there.

Tip: opening the image in a new tab gets you to the original sized version - the detail offered is great.

5 Likes

Very very nice, should have a paint kit very soon.

1 Like

MSFS glitched out and placed me at 250,000 feet. Free falling from this height was terrifying, especially in VR.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1813239663883788338/B0A6FE4EB315A6A04E89AFC414A262B564D2F28F/

2 Likes

Hi Nikki and welcome aboard.

That screenshot is awesome, although it would appear that the B47G might be a touch above its maximum altitude. :slight_smile:

I landed on Ayers Rock, I think.

I shut down the engine and was going to step out onto “The Rock”. But I looked down first and changed my mind.

Yes, I am stopped in mid-air. I suspect that “The Rock” is a block.

3 Likes

…either that or MSFS have implemented Ayers Rock’s status as a UNESCO World Heritage site and gone to the trouble of creating a virtual “no landing” zone.

I think your explanation is by far the most likely though. :wink:

2 Likes

I thought I’d go watch some football, but it looked like the game had been cancelled due to a strike by the ground staff. Oh and maybe due to some idiot landing his helicopter in the middle of the pitch. :wink:

I wonder if i could have cut the grass for them, with a bit of fancy inverted flying? Probably not.

4 Likes

Blue Eagle at Rest.

5 Likes

Sorry for landing on the street :rofl:

3 Likes

A heliport on the Arc de Triomphe… :thinking:

3 Likes

This week’s blog! out Saturday. Using the great Blue Eagles Livery from Chris. Oh for that yellow line on the canopy.

2 Likes